Humane Limited Warranty
At Humane, we're committed to providing you with top-quality consumer electronics that enhance your life and keep you connected. That's why we offer the below warranty on the Ai Pin and certain accessories. We've designed this warranty policy to be simple and transparent. Humane’s Limited Warranty supplements and forms a part of Terms of Service. Capitalized terms not defined here have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service.
WHO DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER?
This limited warranty (the “Warranty”) is issued by Humane, Inc. (“Humane,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) to you, a consumer or gift recipient (as defined below) who received a Product (as defined below) directly from us or from a Humane-authorized reseller. The Warranty covers only you, the original purchaser or original gift recipient, and does not extend to any territories or countries outside the United States. The Warranty cannot be assigned or transferred to any subsequent purchaser or user (and any attempt to do so is void) and is not available for products that were purchased from any source other than Humane or a Humane-authorized reseller. A “gift recipient” is an individual who received a new Product as a gift from the original purchaser. Proof of Product purchase may be required by Humane as a condition of coverage under this Warranty.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER?
This Warranty covers defects in the Humane Ai Pin, Battery Booster, Charge Case, Charge Pad, Adapter, Cable, Latch, Clip, or Shield that you purchased from us or a Humane-authorized reseller in the United States (individually and collectively, the “Product”) during the Warranty Period (as defined below). Humane warrants that, during the Warranty Period, the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship and, under normal and intended use, will function substantially in accordance with Humane’s Product documentation and technical specifications.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?
Regardless of the above, the Warranty does not cover the following:
- Commercial use of the Product (i.e., use by an organization or company or use for personal financial gain).
- Software and software functionality, even if licensed or sold with or embedded in the Product.
- Any warranty that the use or operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Internet connectivity.
- Damage or loss of access as a result of the termination or suspension of your account or subscription, whether by you or Humane.
- Data or content loss and any costs associated with data or content recovery.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Defects or malfunctions experienced during or caused by use that is not in conformity with Product documentation, instructions, or technical specifications.
- Damage or equipment failure due to accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discoloration of paint or plastic (or any other changes in cosmetic appearance that do not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing, other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, exposure to fluids, liquids, or extreme humidity; or modifications that are unauthorized or not recommended by Humane.
- A Product that has been resold, stolen, or that Humane reasonably believes to be resold, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller.
- A Product that has been purchased outside the United States.
- A Product that has had its serial number removed or defaced.
- Damage caused by improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair.
- Use of the Product with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Product.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD?
The “Warranty Period” is as follows, beginning from the date of purchase or delivery of the Product, whichever is later:
|Ai Pin, Battery Booster, Charge Case, Charge Pad, and Adapter||One year|
|Cable, Latch, Clip, and Shield||30 days|
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT A CLAIM?
To make a claim under the Warranty, contact Humane’s customer support team by visiting https://hu.ma.ne/support and provide the email address associated with the device account linked to the Product, a detailed description of the issue, and proof of purchase (if requested).
If your Product and its issue is covered by this Warranty, Humane’s customer support will guide you through the claim process, and Humane will repair, replace, or refund such Product, the election of which is at Humane’s sole discretion. If Humane determines that a Product should be replaced, the replacement may be a new, re-manufactured, or refurbished Product. The replacement Product will be subject to the same Warranty Period duration as the original Product (i.e., the Warranty Period does not restart due to the receipt of a replacement Product). Any replacement Product shall be of equal value and functionality as the original Product; however, the same color and finish as the original Product is not guaranteed. Humane may not return the original Product to you, nor can Humane guarantee replacement or repair of the Product without risk to or loss of data or content stored on your original Product.
If your Product, in Humane’s sole discretion, qualifies for an advanced exchange, Humane will ship a new Product to you prior to the defective Product being returned. The defective Product must be returned to Humane within five days of your receipt of the new Product. Humane will pay all domestic shipping fees associated with the exchange. (Humane will not be responsible for any international shipping costs or customs charges.) However, your credit card will be required to initiate the exchange. If the defective Product is not returned in the timeframe stated in the claim instructions provided by Humane’s customer support, your credit card will be charged.
DISPUTES; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Any disputes between you and Humane related to this Warranty or the Product will be governed by the then-current dispute resolution procedures in Humane’s Terms of Service, available at .
THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY HUMANE AND SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR, CONTRARY, OR ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS. ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS ON THIS WARRANTY ARE CONTAINED IN HUMANE’S TERMS OF SERVICE, AVAILABLE AT TERMS OF SERVICE.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND HUMANE’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HUMANE’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL HUMANE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS), REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH SUCH CLAIM IS BASED OR WHETHER HUMANE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN YOU AND HUMANE AND IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND HUMANE. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY. THIS WARRANTY WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
In the event of any conflict between this Warranty any warranty provided in a Product user manual (if any), this Warranty will control to the extent of such conflict. In the event of any conflict between this Warranty and the Terms of Service, the Terms of Service will control to the extent of such conflict. If you have other questions regarding the Warranty or need further assistance, visit https://hu.ma.ne/support.