Last Updated: April 11, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration Information. If you register to use our Services, sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys, we ask you for your name, email, and geographic location.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you that you provide, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Order information. If you make a purchase through our Services, we may collect information about your order, such as name, email, mailing address, phone number, order history, payment information, and other information you choose to provide.
- Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn and similar websites. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn and similar websites.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, device identifiers and similar information.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties.
- Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide you with the Services and fulfill your requests, such as to provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services; to fulfill your requests, such as processing an order for products or services; to communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services; and provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions. This processing is based on the performance of your contract. If you choose not to provide certain data, the quality and functionalities of the Services we provide to you may be impacted.
- To provide you with a personalized experience,
- such as to understand your interests and preferences in order to personalize our interactions with you. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- for example, to provide you with content and offers tailored to your interests. This processing is based on your consent, to the extent required by applicable law.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to understand and analyze how you use our Services, improve the Services, and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and generate de-identified or aggregated data that we may use for any purpose. This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as sending you promotional and advertising materials, consistent with your choices. This processing is based on your consent where required by applicable law.
- For legal, safety or security reasons,
- such as to find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise. This processing is based on our legitimate interests and protection of your or another person’s vital interests.
- Other, for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected. This processing is based on our legitimate interests, or on your consent, to the extent required by applicable law.
When the processing activity is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Where the processing activity is based on our legitimate interests, the interests we pursue are to facilitate and enable us to fulfill our internal business purposes, to improve and market our products and services, and to enhance User experience.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services. These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, information technology, customer service, marketing delivery, and other services. For example, we use Shopify to operate our online store. You can learn more about Shopify’s practices by visiting https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Analytics Partners. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and you can exercise the opt-out provided by Google by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission. For example, for purposes of California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), we do not disclose personal information, as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83, to unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
- Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
- Personal Information Rights. Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have the right to update the personal information you have provided to us, or to exercise rights with respect to your personal information under applicable laws. Depending on applicable laws, you may request to access, correct, or delete your personal information; to receive a copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company; and/or to restrict, object to or opt out of certain processing of personal information; and/or make use of your right of data portability. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. To exercise such a right, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. If you have reason to believe that your account or interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately using the details in the “Contact Information” section below.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is necessary in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services, which also may have data protection rules that differ from those of your country.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question